Duct Cleaning & Vent CleaningOlive Branch, MS, Southaven, MS, Collierville, TN, Memphis, TN, Oxford, MS & Germantown, TN
Air duct maintenance and cleaning is an easy service to overlook. Because your HVAC system’s air ducts are tucked safely away inside ceilings and conveniently hidden from view, you may rarely — if ever — think about how dirty they get over time. But unfortunately that doesn’t stop the dirt, dust and other debris from building up in your HVAC air distribution system and seriously compromising indoor air quality. That’s why scheduling duct cleaning regularly is so important.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Clean air ducts provide important benefits to you and your family or to you, your employees and customers. Some of these benefits follow:
- Better indoor air quality
- Greater HVAC system efficiency
- Longer system lifespan
- Monetary savings from decreased energy use
- Less discomfort from airborne allergens
Consistent air filter change or cleaning can help mitigate the air quality control issue to a limited degree. However, getting your ductwork cleaned regularly is really the only way to ensure a minimal level of airborne contaminants in your home or commercial space. Depending on where you live, you may want to be especially conscientious about adhering more closely to the recommended cleaning schedule.
A Few Dirty Air Duct Realities
According to the National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA), the dust, pet dander, chemicals, and other air pollutants that are generated during normal building occupation are drawn into the HVAC system and re-circulated throughout the building an average of five to seven times per day. This can create an indoor environment that causes increasing discomfort for allergy-prone, immune-compromised or oxygen challenged individuals over the course of the day. As these contaminants continue to build up in the system over time, that gradual increase further escalates, making the building’s atmosphere less and less conducive to breathing comfort. And while dirty air ducts will undoubtedly have a greater effect on individuals with asthma, allergies and other lung or immune-system disorders, the indoor environment they create is certainly less than optimal for anyone. This is why cleaning your HVAC ductwork a minimum of once every three to seven years is highly recommended.
The Air and Heat Service Co. Clean-Air-Duct Protocol
At Air and Heat Service Co., we provide the following services each time we clean your HVAC ductwork:
- Complete pre-cleaning inspection of your HVAC air duct system
- Prompt disclosure of any air duct problems or issues discovered during the inspection that might require correction
- Thorough cleaning of supply and return air ductwork
- Cleaning and resetting of registers, grilles and diffusers
- Cleaning of supply and return air plenums, air-stream surface of heat exchanger and secondary heat exchanger
- Cleaning and reinstallation of blower motor, housing and all moving parts
- Cleaning and adjustment of evaporator coil, drain and drain pan, as needed
- Air cleaner washing
- Air filter change
- Retesting of system after cleaning to ensure that it still functions properly
Call Air and Heat Service Co. today to learn more about HVAC ductwork cleaning. Isn’t it time everyone in your home or business space breathed easier?